- Maintaining / updating client websites
- Creating new websites
- Quality assurance of own work, code testing, cross browser testing, etc.
- Website Code Optimization
- Strong knowledge of today's website standards
- The ability to hand write HTML and debug most types of code
- Experience with CMS (Joomla!, Drupal, and Wordpress necessary)
- The want to learn and implement new technologies such as HTML5 & CSS3
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and implementation
- Research, identify and establish partnerships with authoritative web sites for link-building.
- Top-to-bottom management of SEO campaigns; generating ranking reports, conducting site audits, handling client concerns, etc.
- Participate in Marketing Department meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Request & analyze vender quotes & estimates
- Work with production staff to ensure work is generated correctly
Essential Software Skills
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Flash a plus but not necessary
Education: Working towards Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Interaction Design, Web Design or Graphic Design
Availability: Two full work days per week (8:30am - 5:30pm)
Serious Candidates Should Possess
- Strong creative skills, with a clearly defined design point of view
- Portfolio of previous work required
- Project management skills including organizing and managing multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in a team environment
- Attend off-site and internal client meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and deadline oriented critical
- Must be flexible and adapt/react to change
- Must be organized and able to prioritize
In addition to a relaxed atmosphere, Beyond Spots & Dots offers great benefits to its full-time employees.
401K Retirement Plan
Paid Vacation Days
Free Snacks and Beverages
If you are interested in working with us, please click on the Apply Now button below or send your resume to:
Beyond Spots & Dots
Attention: Human Resources
1034 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
No phone calls please.